Awards and Recognitions:
- Recognized by Business North Carolina magazine as a member of the “Legal Elite” in the field of Corporate Counsel, 2009.
- Martindale Hubbell, Distinguished Peer Review Rating for Ability and Ethics, 2010-2017.
- Wake Forest Law Review, Staff Member, 1992-1993.
- Wake Forest Law Review, Symposium Editor, 1993-1994.
North Carolina Bar Association – Sections: Government and Public Sector
American Bar Association
Counsel to the following public entities:
- City Attorney, City of New Bern
- Town Attorney, Town of Oriental
- Town Attorney, Town of Alliance
- Town Attorney, Town of Vanceboro
- Attorney, Bay River Metropolitan Sewerage District
Recent Transactions and Engagements:
- Represented national and regional lending institutions in workouts, bankruptcies and other creditors’ rights transactions, proceedings and situations.
- Represented and successfully defended several local governments in numerous zoning appeals.
- Represented health care providers and various other businesses in business acquisitions and dispositions.
- Served as a referee in a NC Superior Court proceeding regarding a complex business dispute over the ownership and operation of a “dockaminium” project.