I. Clark Wright, Jr.
- (252) 262-7054
- (252) 262-7054
- (252) 229-5900
Clark Wright focuses on Environmental Law, Agribusiness and Commercial Litigation.
- North Carolina, 1983
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A. Economics, 1979, Phi Beta Kappa
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., 1983
- Recognized by Chambers and Partners as one of North Carolina’s top lawyers in the field of Environmental Law, 2020-Present
- Recognized as Best Lawyers in America, Top-Rated Environmental Lawyer, 1996-Present
- Recognized as Best Lawyers in America, Top Environmental Law Firms in Eastern North Carolina, 2013-Present
- Recognized by Business North Carolina Magazine as a member of the “Legal Elite” in the field of Environmental Law, 2011, 2013-Present
- Recognized as Super Lawyers, Top-Rated Environmental Lawyer, 2011-Present
- AV (Preeminent) Peer Review Rating for Ability & Ethics from Martindale-Hubbell
- North Carolina Bar Association
–Member, Administrative Law Section
–Member, Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section
- Board Member, NC Coastal Land Trust
- Board Member, Appalachian Trail Conservancy
- Council Member, Administrative Law Section
- North Carolina Attorney General’s Office, Environmental Protection Division
- Ward and Smith, PA
- Served as legal advisor to former Governor James Martin on offshore drilling, working on a number of water and coastal-related issues.
- Drafted and filed the State’s official Coastal Zone Management Act (CZMA) consistency appeals (later upheld by the US Secretary of Commerce) to protect the State’s calls for more complete information.
- Provided legal counsel to the State in conducting public hearings up and down the coast.
- Helped obtain the passage of legislation authorizing a special license plate designed to raise funds for conservation, maintenance and educational projects for the approximately 300 miles of the National Scenic Appalachian Trail that runs through western North Carolina.
- New Bern, NC