- (252) 262-7056
- (252) 262-7056
- (252) 571-2050
Scott divides his practice between local government law and business law. His local government law practice includes representing local governments and public bodies across eastern North Carolina. He advises governing boards, planning and zoning boards, boards of adjustment, and historic preservation commissions on all aspects of law relevant to their powers and purposes. He has served as an appointed city attorney since 1996. Scott’s business law practice encompasses a broad range of legal representation from initial entity organization, to complex commercial transactions, to serving as general corporate counsel. He regularly represents professional corporations in the health care and dental industries.
- North Carolina State Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 1987
- Wake Forest University Babcock Graduate School of Business, M.B.A., 1989
- Wake Forest University of Law School, J.D., 1994
- Recognized by Best Lawyers as one of America’s top lawyers in the field of Municipal Law, 2022-Present
- Recognized by Business North Carolina magazine as a member of the “Legal Elite” in the field of Corporate Counsel, 2009
- AV (Preeminent) Peer Review Rating for Ability & Ethics from Martindale-Hubbell
- Wake Forest Law Review, Staff Member, 1992-1993
- Wake Forest Law Review, Symposium Editor, 1993-1994
- North Carolina Bar Association
–Sections: Government and Public Sector
- American Bar Association
- City Attorney, City of New Bern
- Town Attorney, Town of Oriental
- Town Attorney, Town of Alliance
- Town Attorney, Town of Vanceboro
- Town Attorney, Town of Aurora
- Attorney, Bay River Metropolitan Sewerage District
- Represented and successfully defended several local governments in numerous zoning appeals.
- Represented health care providers and various other businesses in business acquisitions and dispositions.
- Served as a referee in a NC Superior Court proceeding regarding a complex business dispute over the ownership and operation of a “dockaminium” project.
- New Bern, NC