- (252) 262-7056
- (252) 262-7056
- (252) 571-2050
Scott’s practice encompasses a broad range of business law from initial entity organization to complex commercial transactions. He represents a wide range of clients including new start-up organizations, health care providers, and local governments.
- North Carolina State Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 1987
- Wake Forest University Babcock Graduate School of Business, M.B.A., 1989
- Wake Forest University of Law School, J.D., 1994
- Recognized by Best Lawyers as one of America’s top lawyers in the field of Municipal Law, 2022-Present
- Recognized by Business North Carolina magazine as a member of the “Legal Elite” in the field of Corporate Counsel, 2009
- AV (Preeminent) Peer Review Rating for Ability & Ethics from Martindale-Hubbell
- Wake Forest Law Review, Staff Member, 1992-1993
- Wake Forest Law Review, Symposium Editor, 1993-1994
- North Carolina Bar Association
–Sections: Government and Public Sector
- American Bar Association
- City Attorney, City of New Bern
- Town Attorney, Town of Oriental
- Town Attorney, Town of Alliance
- Town Attorney, Town of Vanceboro
- Town Attorney, Town of Aurora
- Attorney, Bay River Metropolitan Sewerage District
- Represented and successfully defended several local governments in numerous zoning appeals.
- Represented health care providers and various other businesses in business acquisitions and dispositions.
- Served as a referee in a NC Superior Court proceeding regarding a complex business dispute over the ownership and operation of a “dockaminium” project.